Fraser Explorer Tour
2 Day Tour - Hervey Bay
Day 1 Departs: 7am – 7:40am
Day 2 Returns : 6pm – 6:30pm
Discover the best of Fraser Island on a curated two-day adventure with the local experts. See the iconic attractions of Lake McKenzie, 75 Mile Beach, and the Maheno shipwreck PLUS have time to swim at the northern Champagne Pools and hike across an ancient sandblow into the emerald green oasis of Lake Wabby.
- 2 Day accommodated tour
- Pick up and drop off from accommodation in Hervey Bay
- Return ferry transfer to Fraser Island
- 1 night accommodation at K'gari Beach Resort (Eurong)
- 1 Breakfast and 2 Lunches (dinner at leisure and guest's own expense)
- National Park fees
7am- 7:30am: Pick up from your accommodation
8:30am: Depart mainland on barge
9am: Begin your guided tour.
Touring order and itinerary may vary due to tides.
Lunch at Kgari Beach resort
5:30pm: Arrive and check in at Eurong Beach Resort (K'gari beach)
6:30pm Purchase dinner leisure at McKenzie's on 75 restuarant. Pool table and drinks available at McKenzie's bar until late.
7am: Breakfast at McKenzie on 75 Restaurant.
8am: Tour departs from outside Resort reception.
Picnic lunch on tour along with morning and afternoon tea
5pm: Return ferry transfer back to mainland
5:50pm: Arrive back at River Head(local courtesy drop off to accommodation)
• Lake McKenzie – K’gari's most iconic swimming spot! Relax along the pristine white silica shore and be immersed in the crystal-clear fresh water nestled amongst the sand dunes.
• Central Station - Admire the towering trees growing from sand and explore along the rainforest boardwalk with your expert local guide.
• Pile Valley - Wander through the subtropical rainforest and marvel at the centuries-old satinay trees and towering palms.
• 75 Mile Beach - Cruise K’gari’s golden beach highway and discover the hidden gems only the locals know about. You can join the Air Fraser team for a scenic joy-flight over the island (optional extra).
• Eli Creek - Wade through the cool shallow waters or float downstream towards the Coral Sea!
• Maheno Shipwreck - Visit the famous rustic ruins that was once a luxury cruise liner. Washed ashore in 1935 it is now a photographer's paradise and historic wonder.
• The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – Be amazed by these spectacularly technicoloured sand cliffs and the Dreamtime tale of how they were formed. There are 72 different colours to see!
• Indian Head – As the most easterly point of the island, marine life such as turtles, rays and whales (August to October) are often spotted in the waters around the base of this rocky headland.
• Champagne Pools – Experience this amazing natural jacuzzi, as crashing waves meet the volcanic rock pools along the shore. It’s only saltwater swimming spot on 75 Mile Beach.
• Lake Wabby - Trek across the shifting golden sands of the Hammerstone sandblow, and arrive at this hidden gem; a window and barrage lake, with glistening emerald green depths. (Please note: this is a 4km return walk through bushland and across soft sands - a moderate fitness level is required. The Lake Wabby walk is an optional activity).
Twin / Double Room
Adult: $599 Child: $355
Triple Room (minimum 3 people)
Adult: $573 Child: $335
Single Room – $679
Price is valid until 31st March 2023
Group bookings discount of 10+ paying travelers.
Children ages 4 – 14
Infant 1 – 3 Free
Please note we do not carry children under the age of 1.
Standard accommodation at K’Gari Beach Resort is not airconditioned (there is great ocean breeze). Room upgrades are subject to availability on check in.
If you have 5 or more people you will need multiple rooms.
Car seats must be brought along for children under the age of 7. Anchor points available.
TOUR ITINERARY AND TRAVELLING CONDITIONS
- Tour itinerary may change due to tides and weather conditions.
- All travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- As this tour is off-road, we recommend that pregnant travellers or people with existing medical conditions seek medical advice before booking this tour.
- Travellers need to be independently mobile to access and disembark the 4WD buses and all tour sites visited.
- Please note we do not carry children under the age of 1 on this tour.
- Free cancellation and/or amendments are accepted up to 15 days prior to arrival. After this time, a full reservation value charge applies for cancellations, amendments and failure to arrive.
- Components not utilised are not refundable, transferable, or redeemable for cash.