Enjoy the beauty of Fraser Island in one day 4wd hire. Hire one of our automatic 4WDs, a Toyota Landcruiser Prado for the day (maximum 6 people). Schedule a 4WD safety briefing before departure (the afternoon before or early in the morning) and learn all you need to know about driving a 4WD on sand – no prior 4WD experience required.
Discover your personalised itinerary that coincides with the low tides on the Eastern beach. Thanks to our knowledge of Fraser Island, we plan your day around visiting the must see sites; Lake McKenzie, Central Station, drive along 75 mile beach to Eli Creek and the Maheno Shipwreck, where you can see the coloured sands of the Pinnacles.
- Automatic 4wd Hire
- 4WD Safety briefing
- Return vehicle barge transfer - River Heads Hervey Bay
- Standard insurance and CTOP with $4000 Excess
- Personalised itinerary
- 1 Esky (cool box) to store your own lunch
- $10 per person barge levy to be added at check out for up to 6 people
- Cleaning the vehicle (You can add on your Dingo clean for $50)
- Refueling on return (All vehicles come hired with a full tank of fuel)
- 4WD safety briefing (day prior to departure, or early morning of departure)
- Drive a pink or blue 4WD on Fraser Island!
- Barge departure at 8:30am or 9am, barge arrives on the Island approx. 9 -10am.
- Barge leaves Fraser Island at 5pm. Arrive back at the office around 6:00pm.
- Enjoy a jam packed day exploring some of the best sites on Fraser Island
- Explore with your friends or family (up to 6 people)
- Swim in the famous Lake McKenzie
- Walk under the rainforest at Central Station in the heart of Fraser Island.
- Swim down Eli Creek
- Take photos at The Maheno Shipwreck and coloured sands.
- There is plenty to see in one day, you don’t need to rush!
- You might spot a dingo!
Please note that all sites on the Eastern beach are tide and weather dependent. KM limit on a 1 day hire apply, approx 150km limit. Indian Head and Champagne Pools are no accessible in one day.
Terms & Conditions
HIRE OF VEHICLE
- The hirer of the vehicle must be 23 years or older. All drivers of the vehicle must be over 21 years of age and hold a current drivers licence and have had that licence for more than two years.
- All vehicle rentals require an approved credit card security bond before the vehicle can be released to the hirer. (please note that we do not accept debit cards as a security bond).
- All vehicle rentals are per calendar day (not 24 hours).
- Vehicles are full of fuel at the beginning of the hire and must be returned full of fuel. If the vehicle is not returned full of fuel the difference will be charged at a rate, which will include a service component.
- Vehicles must be returned to the rental location prior to the designated time and in a clean condition.
- Hire packages are subject to kilometre limits according to duration: 1 Day Hire = 150km / 2 Day Hire = 180km / 3 Day Hire = 280km / 4 Day Hire = 350 (kilometre limits have been put in place as a guide for safety) if grossly breached charges will apply.
- We provide a complimentary itinerary with drive times and tide times to help you maximise your time and navigate your way to the major sites.
- Please note we are not responsible for sites missed due to National Park closures. We try our best to keep abreast of the Park alerts and pass these onto our customers where relevant and possible.
- A self-guided 4wd hire is not a tour you are the guide, we can only offer advise to help you maximise your experience.
- A mandatory safety briefing is undertaken on all 4WD hires before departure, regardless if customers have already participated in a Fraser Dingo safety briefing in the past.
- Late arrival to the 4WD safety briefing of more than 15mins will forfeit the safety briefing and barge booking slot, with no refund and incur a re-booking barge and safety briefing fee, from $200.
- The 4WD safety briefing is completed verbally in English; please advise us if you require extra written information in your language, however you must have a proficient level of English to understand.
- If you are hearing impaired please let us know as we can accommodate this with prior notice.
- Please note that we do not allow children under the age of 10 years at our office during the safety briefing. Please organise to have one parent mind any young children while the other attends. If both parents want to drive please contact our office to discuss options.
4WD HIRE BOND TERMS
- All 4wd vehicle hire packages are subject to a credit card bond of $1500 (groups 23 years & over) $2000 (for groups under 23 years, the hirer must be 23 years and drivers must be over 21 years).
- For multi-vehicle hires, we take a credit card bond of $2000 per vehicle.
- If you are traveling with a private vehicle the credit card bond is $2000.
- Total loss liability is $6000 with an excess reduction to $4000 (only for groups over 25 years).
- Bond refunds are completed up to 48 hours after the vehicle is returned in the hired condition and a mechanical check has been completed, however, it may take the bank 5-7 business days to release the bond.
COVID-19 HEALTH AND HYGIENE:
In relation to the current social distancing measures put in place by governments to curb the current coronavirus outbreak, we would like our customers to know that we have implemented strict measures to adhere to the requirements. That is why we believe 4wd hire in your own group is the best option for travel to Fraser Island. We will be deep cleaning all hire vehicle interiors with Dettol between each hire. Maintaining strict social distancing measure during the safety briefing as it’s only your group and the instructor. Offering online check-in for reading and signing of contract/waivers to reduce paper handling etc. Hand sanitizer and QLD Health QR Code are required when entering our premises. Mask wearing is optional unless a Government directive
At all times the hirer is responsible for:
- Damage caused where the terms of rental contract have been breached.
- Damage caused by negligence (failure to check and maintain fluids for engine).
- Damage caused to the vehicle in any way by part or total water submersion, or salt water.
- Damage caused as a result of a single vehicle accident (an accident not involving another vehicle) where the vehicle hits a stationary object.
- Damage caused as a result of damage to someone else property when the hirer is at fault.
- Damage caused to the hired vehicle by another vehicle where that vehicle is not able to be made accountable.
- Damage caused by the hirers wilful conduct.
- Damage caused to the vehicle when using the vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicle traffic.
- Damage or loss caused to any personal belongings.
- Damage to the bonnet, roof or under body of the vehicle.
- Damage to transmission, transfer case or gearbox, not due to fair wear and tear.
- Damage due to fuelling a vehicle with incorrect fuel.
- Damage or loss of vehicle where the keys have been left in the vehicle.
The business reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions as they see fit and without prior notice.
Please review the FAIR WEAR & TEAR GUIDE below
Cancellation Policy – During A Normal World Travel Situation!
- Cancellations made 2 weeks prior to departure are subject to loss of any payment made in Low Season.
- Cancellations made within 1 month prior to departure are subject to loss of full payment of booking made in High Season (peak period)
- Changes made less than 2 weeks prior to departure, in Low Season, are subject to a $100 admin fee.
- Changes made less than 1 month prior to departure, in High Season, are subject to a $100 admin fee.
- Cancellations made to bookings prior to the aforementioned time period incur a $100 admin charge (for both high and low season).
- A full refund, minus a $100 admin fee, is given in the event that we cannot accommodate a booking due to unforeseen circumstances, such as extreme weather events. Other arrangements can be made at the time, depending on the circumstance.
COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY
Please note that we have a relaxed cancellation policy due to the current world situation and the uncertainty that it brings to travel and wanting to plan your next trip. If you make a booking and it turns out you can’t make it due to Covid-19 travel restrictions we will offer a refund (less an $100 admin fee for all bookings booked from 1/08/21) once evidence of residential address has been provided. Alternatively, as we are a small business and Covid refunds are hard to swallow! It would be great if you were happy to take an on HOLD booking, where we give you a voucher for the deposit paid that is valid for 24 months. This allows you to keep your booking so you can dream of a future holiday and also doesn’t incur any fees.
However, this flexibility does not apply during peak periods like School Holidays: April/Easter, June/July, September, Christmas/New Year Holidays. In the event that Covid affects your travels during the peak period, you will be given a credit voucher to be used at a later date, there will be no refunds.
Unsure? Reach out! We are here to support our future customers to have the smoothest travel experience possible during these difficult times!