Departs: 7am – 7:40am
Returns: 6pm – 6:30pm
Does not run Christmas or Boxing Day
You visit some pristine sights on the world’s largest sand island – golden beaches; the green subtropical rainforest canopies; rusted shipwrecks; freshwater lakes rimmed with white sand and stunning flora and fauna – all at a relaxed pace in air-conditioned comfort.
What ever brings you to the area do not miss the chance to experience the majesty and beauty that is Fraser Island.
Morning tea – Tea, coffee and a selection of cookies and fruits
Picnic lunch –wraps, cold cut meats & salads
Caters for vegetarians, allergies and other specialty dietary requirements.
Places you will visit:
Time subject to change, tide dependant:
• Lake McKenzie – K’gari’s most iconic swimming spot! Relax along the pristine white silica shore and be immersed in the crystal-clear fresh water nestled amongst the sand dunes.
• Central Station – Admire the towering trees growing from sand and explore along the rainforest boardwalk with your expert local guide.
• Pile Valley – Wander through the subtropical rainforest and marvel at the centuries-old satinay trees and towering palms.
• 75 Mile Beach – Cruise K’gari’s golden beach highway and discover the hidden gems only the locals know about. You can join the Air Fraser team for a scenic joy-flight over the island (optional extra).
• Eli Creek – Wade through the cool shallow waters or float downstream towards the Coral Sea!
• Maheno Shipwreck – Visit the famous rustic ruins that was once a luxury cruise liner. Washed ashore in 1935 it is now a photographer’s paradise and historic wonder.
• The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – Be amazed by these spectacularly technicoloured sand cliffs and the Dreamtime tale of how they were formed. There are 72 different colours to see!
Child ages is 0 – 14
Car seats must be brought along for children under the age of 7. Anchor points available.