3 Day Tag Along Tour
3 Day Tour
Learn to 4WD on Fraser Island (over 21 years with an open licence) in one of our PINK 4WDs! Enjoy the excitement of camping under the majestic rainforest giants at Central Station. Visit Lake McKenzie, Indian Head, Champagne Pools, Eli Creek, Maheno Shipwreck, Central Station + MORE
Experienced and novice adventure seekers can find the excitement they’re after by booking a 3 Day 4WD Tour of Fraser Island. Our Tagalong Adventure Safari with our signature pink 4WD vehicles and experienced tour guides will provide an unforgettable trip for nature enthusiasts of all ages and levels of experience.
- 3 Day tag along tour
- Pick up and drop off from accommodation in Hervey Bay
- Return ferry transfer to Fraser Island
- Exclusive camping at Central Station in twin share tents
- 2 Breakfast, 3 Lunches and 2 dinner (All means are prepared by our wonderful volunteers and guide, but you can help out if you want)
- National Park fees
Things to know
- No off-road driving experience necessary, you will be briefed and shown the correct methods
- Driver safety briefing 7:30am the morning of Departure
- Drivers must be 21 years or over with an open license for a manual vehicle
- Credit card imprint required for drivers (No funds held)
- Luggage storage can be organised $10 per backpack
- Sleep Tight Pack Hire $15 sleeping bag and sheet (includes free TOTE bag)
- Single Sheet Hire $10 (includes free TOTE bag)
- Single sheet Hire $5
• Lake McKenzie – K’gari's most iconic swimming spot! Relax along the pristine white silica shore and be immersed in the crystal-clear fresh water nestled amongst the sand dunes.
• Central Station - Admire the towering trees growing from sand and explore along the rainforest boardwalk with your expert local guide.
• Pile Valley - Wander through the subtropical rainforest and marvel at the centuries-old satinay trees and towering palms.
• 75 Mile Beach - Cruise K’gari’s golden beach highway and discover the hidden gems only the locals know about. You can join the Air Fraser team for a scenic joy-flight over the island (optional extra).
• Eli Creek - Wade through the cool shallow waters or float downstream towards the Coral Sea!
• Maheno Shipwreck - Visit the famous rustic ruins that was once a luxury cruise liner. Washed ashore in 1935 it is now a photographer's paradise and historic wonder.
• The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – Be amazed by these spectacularly technicoloured sand cliffs and the Dreamtime tale of how they were formed. There are 72 different colours to see!
• Indian Head – As the most easterly point of the island, marine life such as turtles, rays and whales (August to October) are often spotted in the waters around the base of this rocky headland.
• Champagne Pools – Experience this amazing natural jacuzzi, as crashing waves meet the volcanic rock pools along the shore. It’s only saltwater swimming spot on 75 Mile Beach.
• Lake Wabby - Trek across the shifting golden sands of the Hammerstone sandblow, and arrive at this hidden gem; a window and barrage lake, with glistening emerald green depths. (Please note: this is a 4km return walk through bushland and across soft sands - a moderate fitness level is required. The Lake Wabby walk is an optional activity).
Trip itinerary can vary depending on weather and unforeseen circumstances.
Credit Card imprint required for drivers (no funds held)
Alternative accommodation is possibly used without notice.
Terms & Conditions
All trip itineraries and site seeing is, tide and weather dependent, and also dependent on the tour duration. Safety is a priority when travelling along a tidal beach, so will not go to Indian Head if the tide or weather is against us, instead we provide another site seeing opportunity.
If due to weather or tide we are not able to travel to all sites on the 2 or 3 day itinerary, there will be no refunds issued. Unless the tour is canceled prior to departure due to Government weather warnings. Fraser Island can be a remote and wild place, safety in bad weather is a concern. Site visitation is at the discretion of the guide running the tour.
Please note that drivers and passengers are responsible for any vehicle damage, as per the driver contract that is signed on tour check in. If any money is claimed from Drivers due to damages incurred on the tour money can be charged to the credit card provided.
Damages to the accommodation by customers doing the wrong thing, could incur charges.
All bookings are subject to a 7 day cancellation policy. There are no refunds or date changes within 7 days of your departure date. This also covers COVID cancellations, regardless of border closures in the 7 days before the tour departs.
Any cancellations more than 7 days prior to departure are subject to the agent cancellation policy or if booked directly with Fraser Dingo get a full refund less any credit card fees.